Monday, April 3, 2017

Christ-Like Love


Buenas, mis queridos hermanos y hermanas. I hope you enjoyed conference as much as I did. This week had some setbacks, but the good news is it's a new month, which offers new opportunities. 

I felt an emphasis in Conference on Christlike love...in Elder Renlund's remarks, President Nelson's, Elder Holland's, and President Monson's during Priesthood. As we develop as Christ's disciples, we become different people. My mission president has focused on the truth that the judgment day will manifest who we have become, not what we have done. Based on who we are, we'll know what state of life we will be comfortable living. As we develop charity, we become the kind of people who are capable of perfect happiness. 

I've been struck throughout my mission how much dislike is a lie...if we truly know a person, we'll inevitably love them. I think Ender Wiggin once said something like that... "I don't think you can ever understand someone...what they want, what they fear...without loving them the way they love themselves." 

It's not a truth we discover all at once, but I believe we should humbly try each day to be a little better. 

In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.